Sunday 22 February 2009

Body Transformation

For the past few months I feel that my progress may have stalled or regressed slightly. This could be for a number of reasons, but I think its mainly because I have lost a bit of focus. Don't get me wrong, I have still been working out at least 4-5 times per week and for the vast majority of the time I have been sticking to the diet! I have definitely seen some gains in strength and musculature. However, I don't feel like I have lost any more fat and I seem to be stuck at my current BF level.

I think the main reasons for this were as follows:

  1. A lack of clear goals and objectives

  2. A less stricter dietary approach (snacks, chocolate, treats etc)

  3. A change in personal circumstances (new job)
I have just had a week off training as I was in Vienna and this gave me a perfect opportunity to take a look at myself, to re-assess and to re-focus my mind. I did quite a bit of reading and research into other people's body transformations and I was inspired by one in particular. Christian Thibaudeau has achieved a very impressive body transformation and his article The Beast Evolves on T-Nation talks about how he achieved it.

http://www.t-nation.com/free_online_article/sports_body_training_performance_diet_mass/the_beast_evolves
He completed his body transformation in less than 14 weeks, going from 18% bf to under 5% bf! So this has inspired me to complete my body transformation. He predominantly achieved this through a strict dietary approach utilising a range of supplements and his version of German Volume Training called OVT (Optimized Volume Training):

So for the next 8 weeks or so I am going to give this routine a bash. I am also going to limit my carb intake during the week and combine a carb loading type approach. So low carbs during the week and weekend high carbs.

Will keep everyone posted on progress! Let's hope it works for me!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Mark,
I came across your blog on the web and must say it's pretty inspiring! I'm actually in pretty much exactly the same boat body-wise as you were when you started. I also want to lose about 20 pounds for my upcoming wedding. I'm looking to get started on a programme and have been considering a full body TBT type programme. Now I see you did the Belly Off, I'm considering that. In hindsight what would you recommend?
Thanks, Tom

Writetomab said...

Hi Tom,

Apologies for the delayed response. I think the belly off is a great programme to start off with and best of all its free! Its pretty challenging and if you follow the programme and nutrition plan there is no doubt you will see some great results as I did. Then at the end of the programme you can either progress to TBT or to a weigth resistance routine.

Hope this helps! Good luck!

Mark

Jenny said...

I love to read alot about body transformation.. they are very encoraging..

Elliptical Reviews schwinn 430 elliptical trainer